Tuesday 2 November 2010

Week 2

I really thought I'd had a rubbish week last week and had prepared myself for a gain, especially as my Wii Fit said that I had put on 2lb, but miraculously when I got on the scales yesterday morning I had actually lost 1lb. That makes a total of 5.5lb in 3 weeks. So pleased with that. My change of meeting as obviously done me some good and my new leader is really motivating me. Got 7 more WI's before Christmas now and 8.5lb to loose to get my 1st loss, fingers crossed I can do it.

An update on my challenge to eat the fruit (and veg); well I started off well during the week, but by the time I got to the weekend it had completely gone out of the window. I just don't see the appeal of eating a banana/apple/orange/any other type of fruit ahead of a chocolate bar (all be it a low fat WW friendly one). This is where I think my problems lie, and they need to be addressed if I am to finally conquer my weight issues.

It's only 45 days until my second graduation, this time for my masters, so if I could have lost 7lb by then I would be very very happy, but as long as I keep loosing at a steady pace I'll be happy. I still don't think I'm going to be happy with my graduation photos. I hated my first set, I look like an elephant, which is gutting because I'm going to have to live with this pictures for the rest of my life, but there is not a lot I can do about it now. I'm just going to have to find some clothes that are more flattering this time, as opposed to a fitted shirt, but I do need something with a button on it, hmmm.... I'll have to have a think about it.

Job application letters have been written today, and the CV has been sorted and I'm really hopeful they will yeild something soon. I don't know how much more I can take of the working part time and not knowing what hours I'm going to be working from one week to the next and not being able to plan my life. With my boyfriend working 9am-5:30pm Monday to Friday, the only time we get together is the weekends and the only work I am guarenteed each week is on a Saturday night, so I'm looking forward to a time when the weekends are ours to spend together and not having to worry about whether or not I may be at work.

Another reason for getting a full time job sooner rather than later is that when I do I can move in with my boyfriend, but at the moment, it's not fair to heap all the costs on him. We could probably just about afford it at the moment, but we don't really want to be scraping by, we'd much rather be comfortable.

Fireworks this weekend; I'm out Firday night, Saturday night and possibly Sunday night too, I'm like a big kid, so excited =)

I've got a Uni friend coming to visit the weekend after next, and I'm really looking forward to that too. She has just moved into her own home and we went and stayed with her earlier on in the year and now we're returning the favour. I have the weekend all planned out, so hopefully it'll involve lots of walking and therefore any food that we do eat won't hurt the weight loss too much.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment