Monday 15 November 2010

Week 4

Oops, I missed a week last week, forgot to post. I think with the release of the new plan it confuddled my brain slightly. I lost 2.5lb last week, that made it 8lb in total in 4 weeks and was all set for the new plan.

I spent the past week trying out the new ProPoints plan, and it really is a case of going back to basics and working out the new Points for everything. Effectively WW have changed the daily Points allowance of everyone, given everyone a weekly Points allowance and changed the Points values of the foods. Instead of using calories and saturated fat to work out the Points, we now use protein, carbohydrates, fats and fibres to work out the ProPoints.

This in itself isn't difficult to do, but having pretty much memorised the Points of the food I was eating before and having it all fit in with my Points allowance and loosing weight on the old plan, I think I'm too lazy to be bothered to work out the new ProPoints values, so it has thrown me off slightly.

Also I had a uni friend visiting this weekend, so I spent Saturday in Norwich, and Sunday we went out for Sunday lunch. My parents bought me battered sausage and chips Friday night, and we went to visit my aunt, uncle and cousin Sunday evening and had cheese and biscuits for tea, which came with crisps, pate and lots of other yummy food and then apple pie and Christmas pudding flavoured ice cream. I know I probably shouldn't have eaten it all, but it was yummy and anyone who has a weight problem like mine will tell you that it is difficult to resist yummy food when it's put in front of you.

I've got another dodgy weekend coming up, it's pack holiday with my Brownies, so the food is completely out of my control. It's a Christmas theme; Friday is Christmas Eve, Saturday is Christmas Day and Sunday is Boxing Day, so all the appropriate food is going with it. Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it) I'm at work Saturday evening, so I'll be missing out on Christmas Dinner, so that is something I'll be in control of as I can have my normal sandwiches. However I have made them promise to save me some Christmas pudding.

Anyway, lets hope this week goes better than last week, and if it doesn't I think I'm going to go back to the Points plan instead of the ProPoints.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment