Tuesday 26 October 2010

Week 1

Life is beginning to settle into some sort of routine, although without knowing from week to week what hours I'm going to be working it does sometimes prove difficult to arrange to do anything. I have sorted my CV and covering letter and hope to get them in the post to various potential employers in the next couple of days. I can't wait to be working full time, earning some decent money, and when I do finally get a 'proper' job then I can move out of home and in with my boyfriend. Which after spending 4years away from home at Uni and now trying to fit back in at home, will be amazing (I hope!).

At my second weigh in (WI) I stayed the same, which after a first week loss of 4.5lb I was ok with. Previously I would have come completely off the rails after a big loss and put it all back on again. I'm struggling a bit today though and have already eaten more than I should have done and that is before I have my spaghetti bolognaise for my tea. Never mind will claw it back tomorrow.

At my meeting yesterday I was given a challenge. I find it really difficult to eat my 5 a day. I have no problem with eating vegetables with my main meal at dinner time, which normally provides me with two or three, added to which I normally have a jacket potato at some point in the day (although aparently potatoes don't count as one of your 5 a day!!), so I'd like to think I have three different types of veg in a day, it's just the fruit I have issues with. I'd much rather have a low fat chocolate bar (yes there are such things!) that an apple or banana, it's just much more appealing to me, which I think it probably why I have weight problems in the first place. Anyway, back to my challenge; my challenge was to eat 2 peices of fruit a day. I managed it yesterday, I had an apple and a banana, but didn't have any veg other than my potato for my lunch. Hopefully today will go better, so far I've had my potato, and an apple and I'm sure there will be peas and carrots for tea and probably something else, so as long as I have my banana I am there for today.

The weather has been cold and wet today. I don't worry about being at work so much on days like today, although being at home in front of the fire (all be it a gas one!) is much nicer than having to deal with some of the customers at work.

I'm looking forward to Christmas (yes I know it's still 2 months away), but with not having regular working hours I need to manage my present buying. I'm hoping to make some stuff this year, namely some photo albums/scrapbooks for the grandparents and parents of mine and my boyfriends graduations. They've been talking about getting hold of the photos for some time now and I thought this would be a nice Christmas present for them, and a cheap idea for me.

But before Christmas it's Bonfire Night (I don't care much for Halloween - it's not really my cup of tea). We're not having fireworks in the back garden this year, which was dissappointing especially as I have taken the weekend off work as holiday especially. However we are going to a family friends and they're having a massive bonfire and fireworks to go with it. I'm like a big kid at this time of year, and I love the sparklers. We're also going to my boyfriends Aunts to see a bonfire and firework display that happen in the field next to her house every year. Not to sure how two lots of bonfire parties are going to help the weight loss, especially with them being on a Friday and Saturday night and my WI being on a Monday, but I guess I'll just have to be careful.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment